From the Principal
HSC Drama outstanding achievement
We heard this week that two of our HSC Drama students, Asher Klein and Dean Smuskowitz, have been nominated for OnSTAGE, the HSC exhibition of the top performers. External markers tour all the schools and view each performance, marking each one and nominating only the very best for OnSTAGE. To have two nominations from a group of eight students is an outstanding achievement for the students and our Drama teacher, Sam Bauer. We greatly appreciate the consistently superb guidance she gives her Drama students, and congratulate Asher and Dean on this wonderful achievement.
Evening of Song
Congratulations, admiration and thanks also go to Adam Majsay, our Senior Chamber Choir and the alumni who joined them last Sunday for a beautiful evening of song in our Millie Phillips Theatre (see the Gesher page for more on this event).
This week Maxine Chopard, assisted by other staff members, has managed two full days of photographs. In these days all our extra-curricular groups were photographed and required a huge amount of organisation, since we have lots of students involved in many different activities. We thank Maxine for her outstanding efforts in ensuring the days ran smoothly and efficiently. I received a beautiful email from one of the photographers about his experience with the students and staff over these two days:
I simply felt compelled to pass on my admiration for your staff and students, the manner in which I was treated by both made me feel personally so welcome and I thoroughly enjoyed the happy interaction with children and young adults who are, in my humble opinion, exemplary human beings. I visit some 200 schools per year and would honestly say that Emanuel sets the benchmark for what can be achieved with nurturing and earning respect.
The P & F Trivia night committee is keen to thank and pay tribute to their Year 11 helpers on the night, who helped make the evening such a huge success: Aarin Regan-Lacey, Asha Lancaster, Isabella Kidman, Max Woolf, Yael Grunseit, Chloe Corne, Dylan Kramer, Ethan Cohen, Kerryn Finn, Sophie Lew, Shoshana Blackman, Jordana Blackman, Karen Davids, Maya Burich, Pnina Hagege, Richard Yavits, Talia Rubinstein and Sophie Doctor.
Kindy rooms are coming!
Our new Kindergarten space is close to being finished. Next term Kindergarten students will return to their new, beautiful, colourful and welcoming classrooms. We look forward to seeing the children’s responses when they see their new rooms on their first day next term.
Go with the Flow reminder
Please note the signs for the bus stop in relation to the pick-up zone in Avoca Street. Cars have been fined in recent weeks for standing in the bus stop zone.
Mazal tov to:
- Lachlan Corne (Year 8) who won the premier league (top level) Maccabi tennis competition this week in straight sets
- Erik Unger who has been selected to participate in the New South Wales Schools Constitutional Conventionat Parliament House in November
- Gabriel Jammy (Year 12) who has been the Rabin reporter for Ma Nishma for the past 5 years, faithfully giving us the news from Rabin
- The Open boys and 14 years basketball teams who are playing in their grand finals this coming week. Good luck boys!
- The Year 11 Drama students who entertained the audience with their group and individual performances on Tuesday night. The evening was spectacular!
Anne Hastings – Principal
- Year 6 Jilkminggan trip begins on Sunday 18 September
- Year 12 Farewell Assembly 8:20 am and Graduation Dinner 6 pm, Tuesday 20 September
- Grandparents Day and Rosh Hashanah celebration, Friday 23 September
- Last day of Term 3, Friday 23 September
- Students return to School for Term 4, Thursday 13 October
- HSC Examinations start Thursday 13 October.
Quote of the week
‘Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralising’ [Harriet Braiker]