There are a number of parent resources that we would like to share with you.
Dr Justin Coulson – Helping your child with anxiety
Date: Wednesday 4 May 2022
Time: 8.00 pm – 9.00 pm
Suitable for parents of Primary and High School children
Anxiety has become one of the leading causes of ill-health in our children. And it’s also affecting more parents than ever before. The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated what was already an accelerating problem.
This webinar will provide the answers every parent needs to help their children – and even to help themselves.
Over the course of an hour, Dr Justin Coulson will help you to:
- Recognise anxiety in your child and know how best to respond when anxiety flares up
- Become a supportive hope-giver to your child to empower him/her to be courageous in the face of anxious thoughts
- Uncover the research-based #1 strength your child can develop to combat anxiety and develop remarkable resilience
- Identify how your own anxieties could be affecting your child, and know how to manage them
- Learn proven strategies to help both you and your child navigate and manage anxiety when things get stressful
Once you’ve participated in this webinar, you’ll have strategies that you can put into practice on the spot to help curb anxiety, build confidence, and restore resilience in your child. And if you struggle with anxiety yourself, you’ll be changed.
Instructions to redeem the link for this FREE webinar can be found here.
Effective Parenting Course by WAYS Youth and Family
This FREE four-week course is facilitated by experienced clinicians specialising in adolescent development and behaviour. The course will assist parents to build stronger parent-child relationships and better manage and understand their adolescent’s behaviour. This is a skills-building and educational program only.
Date: Thursday 26 May – Thursday 16 June 2022.
Time: 6.00 pm – 8.00 pm
Where: WAYS Bondi Beach – 63A Wairoa Ave, North Bondi
Topic areas include:
- Understanding your child – adolescent development
- Reﬂecting on your parenting – the impact of various parenting styles
- Setting limits and boundaries that stick
- Eﬀective communication and conﬂict resolution strategies
- Practical strategies for building resilience in your children
- Special topics: alcohol and other drugs, sex, mental health, navigating social media and cyberspace & enhancing internal regulation
Bookings can be made here.