FRESS with Ms Lowe
This is one of my favourite Nigella Lawson recipes – it smells delicious and tastes even better!
Chicken and Pea Traybake
900 grams frozen peas
400 grams trimmed leeks (cut into approximately 3cm slices)
2 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
4 x 15ml tbsp dry white vermouth or wine
2 x 15ml tbsp olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
2 tsp sea salt flakes (plus more for sprinkling)
1 small bunch fresh dill (torn into pieces)
8 chicken thighs with skin on and bone in
- Preheat the oven to 200oC
- ‘Clatter’ the frozen peas into a large roasting tin, followed by leeks, garlic, vermouth, 2 tbsp of oil, 2 tsp of sea salt flakes and most of the dill.
- Turn everything together in the pan, breaking up any large clumps of frozen peas until mixed well.
- Arrange the chicken thighs, skin side up, on top, then drizzle them with a little olive oil and give them a good sprinkling of sea salt flakes, before roasting in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, give the peas a small stir, so that the few that are sitting on the surface and drying out are submerged in the liquid.
- Return to the oven for a further 30 minutes, by which time the peas and leeks will be soft, and the chicken tender and cooked through.
- Tear off the remaining dill fronds, and scatter over the top on serving.
Thanks to Nigella Lawson for so kindly sharing this recipe. You can find it featured in AT MY TABLE